Monday, September 26, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to try to run Columbus next month. It's slightly less than three weeks away. My heart is 100% into it - I want to go and redeem myself, to free my brain from reliving those 10 seconds over and over all winter long. 10 seconds.

But my body is a little more unsure. I've only been out to run once since Air Force - a short 3 miles last Thursday at a decent pace. I came out of the run still feeling not-quite-right, especially in my left foot, which feels a little tight. Charlie has convinced me that I need to take a week off from running altogether, and I've reluctantly agreed. I'm going stir-crazy. I'm going to try really, really hard to stay out of my running shoes until Thursday. On Thursday, I'm going to see about 3 miles. Then, if that goes well, I'm going to go for 8 on Friday. If that goes well - and by "well," I mean at a faster-than-race-pace, I'm going to go ahead and sign up. The price goes up on Saturday. If it doesn't, then I'll just have a long winter to look forward to. I still have the Cincinnati Half Marathon on 10/22, so maybe I'll set my sights on another Half PR.

I'd still much rather have those 10 seconds back.

No comments:

Post a Comment