Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1256

It's official - I'm now in possession of my Air Force Marathon bib number!

Four more days until I have one of these shiny medals hanging around my neck.



The build-up to marathon #2 is much easier than the build-up to the Flying Pig. I don't have that gigantic pit in my stomach this time around, and I don't want to puke every time I think about lining up at the start of the race. All in all, that makes me happy.

I am a little stressed out about the getting there and the parking, since I'll be leaving my house at 4:00 AM for the 7:30 start. I don't know how traffic will be, I don't know how parking will be, and I don't know how nervous I'll feel when race morning is actually upon us. I wish I could just spend Friday night up in Dayton, but, alas, it was not meant to be. I did manage to score a ticket to the Friday morning "Breakfast of Champions," where I'll get to hear people talk about running-related issues and meet Danny Dreyer, the guy who does "Chi Running." My newly-a-runner sister would be very excited to meet him. Sadly, I'm still stuck in the camp who uses dirty-word-filled mantras to get me through a long run. Of course, that all hinges on Charlie agreeing to do pre-school drop-off that morning. I'm hopeful - he is the best husband, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment