Thursday, October 6, 2011

Second Guessing

Last Friday, I was all fine and happy with my decision to forgo the Columbus Marathon. It was just the right thing to do. Then I went out for a long run on Saturday and proceeded to run the fastest 10 miles of my short running career - 8:33 average pace, and it felt easy (which sure, in the grand scheme of things still isn't all that fast, so don't think I'm bragging). And now I'm kind of wishing I had just signed up.

I keep reminding myself that it's better to skip this 26.2, because I need time to heal and rest and I had a PLAN and I should stick to it. It's too late now, anyway. Saturday's 10 miles makes me think that I have a pretty good shot at a new Half PR, so I'll have to settle for that.

10 fucking seconds....

No comments:

Post a Comment