Thursday, October 14, 2010

Statement of Accountability

Five months ago I watched some of the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon on TV, and thought "Hey, I can do that!" I think husband Charlie thought it was a phase, and that I'd forget about it within a week or two.

Five months later, I still want to do it. And I still think I can. So now I'm researching marathon training and running groups, and next month I'll be going to an information session for one of the most popular ones in our area.

And I'm going to do it. I'm going to train to run a full marathon, and if I get to race day and I feel like I can only run a half, then that will be ok.

So why am I telling you this? Because if it's on the interwebs, it has to be true. So there it is, my accountability.

I swear, that's the only thing that got me through P90X. It's going to get me through this, too. Sad, but sometimes I succeed only because I don't want to let other people down.

That and I want a bumper sticker....

1 comment: