Monday, April 26, 2010

P90X - Week 8 Completed


31 days to go!

I've come to the conclusion that a large percentage of this whole exercise thing is mental. Like with those Oblique V-Ups from Ab Ripper X. For the first 5 weeks that was always my stumbling block. I just couldn't push past 12 on each side. Then in week 6 I finally made it through the whole routine. Ever since then, it's all been a mental game for me and ARX. In the first half, I know I just have to get through those reverse bicycles. Easier said then done when ARX is following a legs and back workout and my hip flexors and quads are screaming in pain. After that I know I'm good until the V-Ups. As long as I can push myself past that, the rest of it is smooth sailing.

I tried the same approach to pull-ups this week. Still no success, but I'm getting closer. I made it halfway up. I keep thinking that I can just "do it." No luck so far. I traded the bands out for the chair again, hoping that's a step in the right direction. We'll see. I'll be happy if I can just do one pull-up before the end of my 90 days.

We started week 9 on Saturday, which included a disc we've never used before - Chest and Back. I knew when we were going through the routine that it was going to hurt the next day. It did. I also found my new most-hated-exercise. Dive-Bomber Push-Ups.



I fell on my face a few times at the bottom of the initial push-up, when your upper body is supposed to go through and past your hands. Mine wasn't having any part of that, I just kept getting stuck and falling down.

We also added Plyometrics back into the cardio slot. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever leave me feeling like anything other than a giant puddle of suck.

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment