Friday, January 6, 2012

1030+, and Where I'm Going

That's how many miles I recorded on Daily Mile for 2011, including a last long (10 mile) run on the 31st. The "+" is because I didn't start using Daily Mile until sometime mid-January when I heard about it from someone in the running group.

I think it's safe to say that at some point in there, I became a Runner. The whole time I was training for the Pig, people would ask me about it or talk about their own running, and I would always include the caveat of "but I'm not really a runner" in my responses. I think that covering 1000+ miles in a year means that I should just claim the sport as my own. Between the odometer, the growing collection of race shirts, and the drawer stuffed full of running gear, it's about time.

2012 Race Plan:
Heart Half Marathon (March)
Flying Pig Marathon (May)
Leadville Trail Marathon (June)
Air Force Marathon (September)

I'd really like to do Chicago or New York. I planned to run the National Marathon in DC, but there's still no course map posted and I've been unimpressed with the organization of the race, to this point, so I'm going to be skipping it. Maybe next year.

I'll be following the FIRST program for the Flying Pig, which means that I don't have to start with the long runs until January 14. I'm forcing myself to rest for a whole 10 days, since it's been a long time since I've taken a nice long break from running. I'll still do P90X and Insanity, but no running. I want to start somewhat fresh!

I have big plans for this blog, too, which will hopefully come to fruition. I'm also going back to school to finish the last course requirement for my PhD, so I'm counting on running and exercise to keep my stress levels manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment